Sunday, February 15, 2009

Taking Care of Things

Over the weekend John and I went to stay at my Mom’s and Tommy’s house while they went to look at wedding chapels and chalets in Gatlinburg, TN. They are planning to tie the knot New Year’s Eve at 3pm this year. She called me on Friday night and said that they had picked out a chapel and the next day (Saturday) they would go and look for a chalet for all of us to stay in for New Year’s. I don’t think they had as much look picking out the chalet, because they really don’t know how many family members are coming to the wedding. If you ask me the number seems to be steadily increasing. While staying at my Mom’s we took care of all her animals which consists of 4 dogs, 3 cats, 9 horses plus our baby dog Bruce -you can’t leave him out.

On Thursday night my Mom calls to tell me that my Grandma has been admitted to the hospital. I love my Grandma, but she really drives me crazy. She is a diabetic who refuses to take care of herself, who loves lots of sugar and salt, sleeps all the time, does not exercise, and does not take her medications properly. Well, a long story short, she got an infection in the end of her toe after getting a pedicure, because her body does not heal properly due to the diabetes. If she would just cut the sugar and salt out and start walking she would be way better off. Anyway, according to the doctors she should get to come home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment