Monday, February 2, 2009

The Search


As you may or may not know my husband John lost his job the week before Christmas due the economic down turn in our economy. THIS SUCKS! He has been looking for a new job for almost 2 months now with no luck. He has searched websites, attend job fairs, looked through classifieds, called friends, family and acquaintances, with no success. It’s like every time he has received a good lead from someone it seems to lead to a dead-end road.

Example:
He received one lead from an acquaintance I have through ALFA. He was so excited about this lead, he called about the job, sent his resume, cover letter, and reference letter, called the person who is doing the hiring 2 or 3 times (not the referral person-she answers her telephone). This person never once answered his telephone or returned John’s telephone calls. John has been is sales for many years and the number 1 rule for him is answering and returning phone calls. It makes me wonder if you were using this agent for your insurance if you would ever receive a phone call back, if for some reason you needed to get in touch with him.

This is just one of the several instances that I could tell you about. I hope John’s luck changes pretty quickly because I’m beginning to get a little bit nervous about the whole situation because BABY PEANUT NEEDS DADDY TO GET A JOB.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware of John's situation with work, I will keep you guys in my prayers! I know that must be weighing on your mind very hard right now!

    ReplyDelete